★ Poor 1 out of 5 fifteen months and twenty three days ago around 8AM by 5661st visitor
April 9th 2016Respond
A group of us went for breakfast. This is the second time in 2 weeks that the food was average at best. The quality seems to be on a downhill slide over the past while. Not impressed. Will not be returning - when I spend that kind of money, I expect to get a decent product.
★ Poor 1 out of 5 thirty nine months and twenty one days ago around 2AM by Extasse
These guys can go suck a goats tit... Their service is a joke, their food is garbage and should only be served to stray dogs of their city. Going to this restaurants is like throwing money out the window. Your better off going to Dennys than this establishment.Respond
★★★★★ Excellent 5 out of 5 forty seven months and sixteen days ago around 6AM by Rialka
The first time we went to eat there our waitress Penny made us feel at home great service from her and the food was superb wish others in town would follow in their footsteps meaning restaurent#eat #follow Respond
★★★★ Very Good 4 out of 5 sixty three months and twenty one days ago around 10AM by Manger
We held our annual banquet at Kristy's this week. We are a group of 25 ladies and we reserved#cake #chicken #drink #fresh #salmon Respond
the solarium room for the afternoon. We were apprehensive as half of us had not eaten here before
but we were pleasantly surprised. Our server Steve was wonderful, making us feel welcome,
taking drink orders as the ladies arrived, constantly checking each table ( four tables of 6) to ensure
everyone was not needing anything.
The meal we had pre arranged was very good. Salads were fresh and crisp, the herb crusted salmon was done perfectly and the other dish, a chicken breast with a mushroom marsala sauce was delicious. Both were served with a generous portion of perfectly steamed vegetables and roast potatoes.
Dessert was a lovely light lemon cake which was very popular.
Feedback from our league members was very positive with everyone saying
they enjoyed their meal, the excellent service and that many would return there
for a meal.
Many thanks to Steve for all his hard work, it was much appreciated.
★★★★ Very Good 4 out of 5 sixty eight months and five days ago around 11AM by Toner
I would rate it as very good. Had early supper there and the waitress was awsome. We had an appetizer of zucunni and it was excellent.Respond
Salad and chicken.... very, very good. The service was excellent. The food was good. It was a nice quiet atomosphere. Great place to meet, discuss and enjoy.
Would recommend it to anyone.
★ Poor 1 out of 5 eighty two months and twenty nine days ago around 9AM by Irina
Reputation doesn't always equal good food.Much anticipated breakfast in a hyped restaurant with a long -time reputation ends sadly dissapointing.#bacon #breakfast #coffee #delicious #eggs #fries #restaurant #tea #weekend Respond
1. Outdated decor seems comforting to those that have visited this place every weekend for the past 40 years - but to a new customer it just looks old...kind of like grandpa's basement. Waited 10 minutes to be seated even though the restaurant was obviously half full. One server was collecting bills while trying to clean off tables to seat waiting customers - big mess.
2. Most of the clientele were seniors, which explains why the bland food gets decent reviews. The menu is HUGE, which seems like a great idea but not only did it make a selection hard but I bet takes away from the kitchen's ability to make the ordered item WELL. Another 5 minutes after being seated before we see a waitress. She doesn't introduce herself or even let us know she will be serving us. Asks if anyone will be having coffee or tea (bringing two pots of coffee quite quickly) but forgetting to ask if anyone else would like something ELSE to drink.
3. Food was an average wait - which in this case was a problem because I was STARVING! The TV was playing the Food Network which constantly bombarded me with sights of delicious food. A couple that was seated after our table of 8 not only was served first but finished their breakfasts before our food arrived - slightly aggravating.
4. Our group was served in 3 different random trips 10 minutes apart, with the kids being served LAST. Atleast the food could have been brought out TOGETHER. The waitress couldn't remember who ordered what with every single meal...perhaps a result of such an extensive menu to have to remember.
5. At last the long awaited, highly hyped double bacon eggs benedict. First impression - EVERYTHING was coated red with paprika? The home fries and the eggs benedict. I was already weary of the impending gastronomical assault. Potatoes were cold and while some were cooked properly, some pieces were slightly undercooked. All I could really taste was the smoked bacon. One ingredient permeated the entire dish...completely killing any flavour from the hollandaise sauce, egg, peameal bacon or the potatoes.
The food on the TV looks so good, and I was starved 20 minutes earlier, yet could hardly finish my small portion. Not the best value for $10. The quarter slice of orange that was served with the meal was neither creative nor refreshing enough to wash the smokey flavour out of mouth.
All in all - cold service, bland food and a long wait for a breakfast. You would think with a Cora's right down the road these guys would get their breakfast in order.
★ Poor 1 out of 5 ninety five months and twenty two days ago around 4AM by aiguillat
Our Kristy's experience was AWFUL! We were with a group of about 20 (with reservations - not a surprise). Anyway, I asked to order the daily special - which was on display by the front desk ... and I was told I wasn't allowed to. To quote the waitress "the kitchen doesn't want you to have it because the regular customers may not get any if we run low". The stupidest excuse I've ever heard and it was the last time I'll ever visit this place. Go anywhere but here!!!Respond
The gist of Kristy's reviews: impressed, great, favorite, excellent, good, decent, average, special Write a Review
Please include your correct email address if you want us to reply.
Kristy's (613) 722-2336
809 Richmond road, Ottawa ON as of FoodPages.ca